If you are about to relocate you may have already wondered if you would be able to move your own furniture. While it is essential that you get help from removalists, handling things on your own is possible too.
Tips from furniture removalists
The following are a few tips from furniture removalists to help you move large pieces of furniture without a great deal of hassle:
- Make sure that you are getting help when you are about to move your furniture. This is essential because it not only helps you protect your furniture but protect yourself as well. You can get a bit of help from friends or family. Getting help can make things simpler and move along faster as well. If you plan to do everything on your own it would not only be time consuming but would be bad for your back as well. If you can’t think of anyone who would be able to help you it is better that you call in a professional moving company. They not only help you move the furniture without any difficulty and also handle the whole moving process in a thoroughly professional manner.
- It is also necessary for you to plot the trip. This would help you figure out any difficult Pathways which need to be avoided. You should know how and where you are going to unload your things so that you can pack your items accordingly.
- If possible, before you are about to make the move you should ensure that you protect the doorways and remove the molding if necessary. This would help create the extra space so that you can manoeuvre the furniture with east and also avoid the damage to the door.
- You can also make use of furniture sliders which can protect the hardwood and also the carpet floors. This can help make the moving process much easier and in fact you should let this remain until the move has been thoroughly completed.
- Make sure that you use the L method to get the larger pieces of furniture through the door this is done by turning object on its side and then backing the long and through the doorway and then rotating it to bring the other and through.
- Invest in personal protective equipment like heavy duty gloves to keep your fingers and hands safe from getting cut during the moving process.
- Find a Dolly to move the heavy or different size objects. These come in handy when you want to move objects like washing machines or dryers. These can be easily rented from any moving company.
- You should also make sure that you are carrying the furniture the right way. The best method of lifting furniture is through your legs and not by your back you should always bend your knees and not your waist when carrying large furniture. If it is possible you might even try to dismantle the furniture so that it is not too heavy to carry.
Looking for a trustworthy company to move your stuff around Australia? Contact Richards Gold Coast Removalists.